Sunday, July 7, 2013

Garlic Olive Oil

I like to buy garlic olive oil, but I was thinking that I could probably make it for less.  So I decided to try it.  Here is the recipe that I tried and I think it turned out pretty well. 
Ingredients:
Head of garlic
Olive Oil


Smash and peel all the cloves of garlic from the head of garlic.  Put 1 cup of oil for every head of garlic in a sucepan. 
 
 
Heat over a medium low heat until bubbles form around garlic.  Cook for about 15 minutes on a low heat, removing from heat if cloves start to brown.  Do not let them get too dark because the garlic can get bitter and ruin the oil.    
Let the oil sit and cool for about 45 minutes and pour into container
 
 
 Do not put the cloves in with the oil.  Keep them seperate.  They are flavorful and can be used in other recipes.  I will be using them for a white pizza I am making. 
 
 
I can't wait to share that recipe with you as well.  So stay tuned and enjoy the oil, I know I will.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment