Saturday, July 6, 2013

Pancake Muffins

I have been working on several projects that I will be posting over the next few days.  Because of my work schedule, I try to make food that I can freeze or package and eat throughout the week or beyond.  This week I made pancake muffins.  It is a really easy recipe that works for several different toppings.  These are also freezable which makes them great!
 
The following ingredients are needed:
Pancake mix
Syrup
Toppings
 
I chose to use sausage (cooked) because I had some in the freezer and needed to use it.  I have also used bacon (also cooked) before, but you could also add bananas, blueberries, or other fruit toppings.
 
 
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  I made the pancake mix according to the package except I put in a quarter cup of syrup in place of part of the water needed to mix it. 
 
 
The biggest mistake I made this time that I made this recipe is that I used cupcake liners. 
DO NOT USE CUPCAKE LINERS!!!
I made the mistake and they stick to them and I lose half my pancake muffin each time I try to peel it off.  Spray the muffin tins  and fill them about 3/4 full.
 
 
Add your toppings.
 
 
Cook for 12 - 14 minutes and enjoy.  You can freeze them and enjoy them at anytime.  I added the syrup to the batter so that I would not have to add it at this point.  I heat them in the microwave for 30 seconds and eat them on the way to work.  They are a great way to enjoy breakfast on the go!  Hope you enjoy the recipe.  I will catch you later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment