Sunday, April 29, 2012

Day 2 & 3

Okay.  So still getting used to this and fell asleep last night before I got to post.  I did a lot of fabulous stuff between yesterday and today so prepare for a long post. 

Saturday

I started Saturday by going to a card-making class.  Thanks to my wonderful Stampin Up demonstrator, Missy Gorton, I made for fabulous cards for Mother's Day and springtime.


They were so fun to make as usual and I got to spend some fabulous time with friends.
After that I came home and cleaned a project in and of itself for me, but I didn't think you would want to see pictures of that.  After that, I baked cupcakes for my best friend's little boy's baptism.  I also forgot to take pictures of that, but just know that they were fabulous.  I used my newest favorite icing recipe which I will share.  It is super easy

Whipped cream Frosting
  • 1 box of pudding (I used sugar free white chocolate)
  • Half the milk the box calls for
  • 1/2 tuc of whipped cream for small boxes of pudding or the whole tub for the large box

Simple and delicious. 

Sunday

Okay so today after the baptism, I came home and  took a nap.  Definately one of life's simple pleasures.  After that, I decided to make some fried food.  That's right, the blow your diet kind.  So I will share  the recipes.  They were new recipes for me and so a new project.  I made fried shrimp and tarter sauce.  I also made fried okra but I cheated and bought it already breaded, frozen and ready to be fried.  I usually buy fried shrimp the same way but decided to try it on my own.

Fried Shrimp
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/3 cup all purpose flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 1-1/2 cups Bread crumbs
  • Vegetable Oil

Beat the eggs in a bowl until frothy.  Mix the flour (I used wheat flour instead of all purpose), salt, and black pepper.  Dredge the shrimp in the flour, shaking off excess.

Dip shrimp into egg mixture. 
Then coat both sides with bread crumbs (I used Panko, it made it super crunchy and yummy), pressing them onto the shrimp.

    I used a deep fryer, but you can pour vegetable oil into a large heavy pot to reach depth of 2 inches and heat oil to 350 degrees.  Add shrimp to hot oil and deep-fry for about 1 minute.  Remove and drain on paper towels. 

Before I fried all this I made some tarter sauce.  Here's my modified recipe

Tarter Sauce
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 Tablespoons sweet pickle juice
  • 4 sweet gherkins diced
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice.
Mix all together and put in the fridge.  It tastes better if it sits.  You can use sweet relish instead of the pickle juice and pickles, but I didn't have any so I improvised.

Here is the final picture, I enjoyed it immensely.


That's it for today.  Tomorrow I have to make a birthday card and mow the lawn after work.  This should be interesting.  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment