Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 4

Totally didn't get done much today.  Mainly because I mowed my lawn and twisted my ankle.  Ouch!!  It's a little puffy and turning red and purple.  Definately not broken but tweaked good.  So I didn't make a card like I was going to.  It will have to wait until tomorrow.  But I made dinner and it was a new recipe.  I tweaked it to what I had in my pantry and fridge and it was delicious.

Sesame Noodles

The ingredients that I used:
The recipe:

3 garlic cloves, diced
1 1/2 Tablespoons sugar or honey (I used honey)
3 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
3 Tablespoons soy sauce ( I used low sodium)
1 1/2 Tablespoons sesame oil

8 oz pasta ( I used rice noodles)
2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
1/2 cup scallions ( I didn't have any so I added cilantro in the end for color)
salt and pepper to taste

So I started by toasting my sesame seeds at 350 degrees for 10 - 15 minutes or until slightly browning.
 


Cook the pasta as directed. For rice noodles, just through them in a bowl and pour hot water over them until soft.

 Then take the garlic cloves, sugar or honey, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and sesame oil and bring to a boil until sugar is dissolved and all ingredients are combined. 

Pour the mixture over the noodles and mix.  Add the sesame seeds and scallions and mix.  Eat and enjoy.  Yummy!!!

I didn't add any extra salt or pepper, but that is definately an individual taste. 

That's all I got for today.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment